Out of many ideas to personalize your engagement ring, engraving something that will have the heart of your love is a wonderful idea to try. After all, expressing what is in your heart in the form of an engraving on the ring has a class that cannot be matched by any grand design of the ring and precious stones in it.
Engagement Ring Engraving Ideas
Couples choose to engrave many different sentiments to express in the form of an engraving on the engagement ring. Here are some popular choices:
- The initials of the bride and groom to be.
- Dates that are important in the relationship of the couple
- Single words like “yours”, “eternity”, or “always”.
What Types Of Rings To Engrave?
If you are engraving something on the ring, the text should not look cramped to too small to read, which is why we recommend you to buy a ring wide enough to offer the perfect view. Gold and silver rings are excellent for adding engravings and so is the platinum ring. Metals like tungsten and titanium are harder and hence difficult to engrave and the writing might appear illegible.
Tips For Engraving Engagement Rings
Ring engraving is not something for the amateur to try, considering how delicate and expensive an engagement ring is. Professional jewelers take just a few days to engrave rings. Here are some useful tips that you have to consider while selecting engagement ring engraving:
- Never choose a font style that is too difficult to read, meaning that it shouldn’t be too tiny or thin.
- Long phrases are going to look cramped and hence choose a text that is short and simple, all the while speaking your heart out.
- Rather than going for a trendy joke or nickname, go for some timeless word or phrase, considering how tough it is to remove an engraving.
- Double-check the engraving before and after applying it to make sure the spelling and numbers engraved are correct.
- Keep notes with all details of the engraving including the font, font style, and size in case it comes of use if the ring ever gets lost.
- To make the engravings visible, clean with a soft bristle.
Engraving is not the ultimate option for personalization and not all couples would like an engraving. There are several alternatives to it that can offer an equal level of personalization or more, including a filigree ring that adds a hidden message or symbol in the ring.