Choosing the best engagement rings can be a daunting task because for most people it is a choice that is relevant for a lifetime. One of the main reasons for this is not knowing where to start. Remember that the selection process involves considering several factors, and on top of this, there are a wide variety of choices. Most first-time buyers get overwhelmed when selecting diamond engagement rings because they do not do thorough research beforehand and familiarize themselves with the technical details of diamonds. The purpose of this article is to share tips that will help you choose the perfect engagement ring.
The Anatomy Of Diamond Engagement Rings
When buying diamond engagement rings or otherwise, you must be familiar with the different components of a ring.
Listed below are the anatomical components of a ring that you must focus on:
- The focal point of diamond engagement rings is the center stone; the beauty of the ring depends on the quality of the diamond used as the center stone. It is always recommended to opt for a stone with excellent cut quality because it gives the best brilliance.
- The setting is the design feature of the structure of the ring that is holding the center stone as well as side stones.
- The band is the section of the diamond engagement ring that wraps around the finger. Its inner circumference is determined by the size of your finger, and it also influences the size of the ring.
The Center Stone
The quality of the center stone in diamond engagement rings is determined mainly by the 4C’s of diamond quality, i.e., cut, color, clarity, and carat weight.
When selecting the center stone for the diamond engagement ring, you must ask the following questions:
- What is the maximum budget for the ring?
- Which diamond shape reflects the individual style of the bride or your love story?
- Which of the 4C’s should I prioritize?
- Do I want a classic shape like emerald or round brilliant, modern shape like a trillion, or vintage-inspired like marquise?
The Ring Setting
Listed below are the questions that you must ask when selecting the ring setting for the best engagement rings:
- How should the setting complement the center stone?
- Do I like other finishes or side stones?
- Should the diamond sit raised on the finger?
The Ring Style
You can select the ring style based on the following:
- Based on the preference of your partner, which she might have hinted at.
- From a popular jewelry brand liked by your partner.
- Based on the opinion of the partner’s close family and friends.
- Based on the personal style of your partner.
We hope that the tips shared above will help you in selecting the best engagement rings for wedding engagements.